Monday 16 March 2015

Week 3

I can't believe I only have 1 week left. Time seemed to go by so fast. This week I followed Zaveri to all her classes. In ceramics I got to start on my horse head sculpture, so hopefully that will come out well since I'm not much of an artist. The week was pretty normal with all the classes but on Friday we got to listen and meet and author which was pretty cool. 
On Saturday I went riding and practiced some polocrosse. Then that afternoon we took the train out to London. We got off at Trafalgar Square and then went to Regent Street and Oxford Street, which are known for their shopping. We spent a few hours there before heading back home. 
On Sunday I got up bright and early to go watch the lady I've been riding with event. Eventing is the term in riding when you go to compete in three events: dressage, show jumping, and cross country. These can all be in one day or multiple times over several days  It was a long drive and really cold but totally worth it. We went to Tweseldown, which was an old racetrack but is now set up for eventing. I just loved being there because I love the feeling of competition day around so many horses and riders getting ready. Some of the horses were absolutely amazing and stunning. First off they had dressage which went well. Then they had show jumping and they were jumping around 3 feet. The best part though was the cross country course. Before it was their turn to ride it, we walked the whole course and checked out all the jumps. It was pretty amazing and watching other riders go trough it was pretty awesome. It's made me want to try it now. Their cross country ride went really well. So all in all it was a pretty good week. 












No comments:

Post a Comment